12.24.2010

[ the secret wish list ]

Like any other girl, I absolutely love shopping - there is nothing like Retail Therapy! However, Christmas shopping never fail to abhor me. I live literally a few blocks from West Edmonton Mall and I am a living witness to bumper to bumper traffic, overflow parking lots, and a big but very congested people-infested mall! It should bring me great comfort that I am not the only last minute shopper out there (I have not bought a single present), but this is just getting ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Boxing Day is my favorite holiday - there is no way my boss could make me work that day - but the shopping experience this holiday brings is not exactly something I would want to experience for a whole dire month.

One of the things I like to do to avoid both the mall and road traffic congestion is to browse the internet first. Before anyone can say "thank god for technology!", I have to cut you off because it is an absolute waste of time. Not only that the items tend to not be what you expected, the prices are ridiculously high.

I am a student who obviously do not have the budget of a millionaire. I like to keep things simple, and quite frankly I still believe in the saying "it's the thought that counts". Since I had a hard time looking for things that fit my budget, I have made my own wish list for items under $20.


Bath & Body Works' Black Amethyst Triple Moisture Body Cream - $12
They smell deliciously good, and make my hands so soft to the touch.
Body Shop's Born Lippy lip balm - $5
This does not only smell delish, it tastes good too. Pucker up!
 

Assorted key caps from Urban Outfitters - $8 each
They are so adorable, and somehow it makes my keys so much easier to find in my purse.



10" Laptop Sleeve from ebay.com for my Lenovo Ideapad - $8.20 + $2 shipping
It's just soooo damn cute. It brings me back to my childhood days where all my things literally came from the Sanrio store.
(We were actually one of their best customers that my parents can practically leave me in the store while they go shopping)

Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Dry Volumnizing Shampoo Spray at Sephora - $11 for 1.4oz
I have ultra thick locks and I use this for the hectic days I don't have 45 minutes to dry my hair. It works wonders.

Urban Outfitters' Dirty Language (Chinese) book - $10
available in Japanese, French, Italian, etc.
I love languages, and I particularly would like to learn Mandarin. This should be a good start! 

Pandora's fabric string bracelet and Breast Cancer leather bracelet - $15 each
I absolutely adore bracelets and Pandora's charms are very pretty. I really would love one. I think it's a good memory maker.

Victoria's Secret's Ruffle Balconet Bra - on sale for $19.99 (from $34.50)
Add sexayyyy to Christmas is all I can say ;)

Sephora's Color Wand for lips - $10
One word: practical. Six lip glosses in one; seriously, what more would a girl need? I particularly like the 02 Siren wand (medium pink, nudes, and berries).

Urban Outfitters' Tattoo Etched ID case - $14
It's just perfect for business cards. Very classy indeed.


I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL DO NOT HAVE A SNUGGIE! Oh, and I would also like a Ten Minute Trainer on DVD. I could go on, but I guess you already get the drift.

Until next time. TATA! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment