Not that I am expecting a gift (although that will be nice!), but I would just like to ask for a few minutes of your time to pray for my cousin in the Philippines.
The doctors found a cyst in her leg a few months after I learned that I have a cyst in my ovaries. Unfortunately, she was not able to get the medical attention she needed as I did because she was pregnant at the time. She just gave birth to my adorable godson a few months ago, and that’s when we learned that her condition is worse than what the doctors originally thought. After numerous tests, and going to multiple doctors for different opinions, they all came to the same conclusion: not only that her leg is to be amputated, she also has cancer. The doctors are still doing tests on how bad her condition is, but we have been told that it is definitely malignant, has already reached her bones and has spread all over her body. Our health care back home is not as good as our health care here and Chemotherapy is Php 90,000 (roughly $2000 CAD) per week.
She is only a year older than me, and an only child herself; she was more than a cousin to me, she was my sister. And I would very much appreciate your prayers.
As Mercedes said in Glee: “We're from different denominations and religions so we figured one of us is bound to be right”.
Thank you, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment